- Record Type:
- Collection Subtitle:
- Registration forms for Jewish inhabitants of Kraków, Poland
- RG Number:
282 digital files : PDF ; 10.1 GB.
20 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
1 DVD-ROM ; 4 3/4 in..
- Scope and Content:
- Contains registration forms completed by the Jewish inhabitants of Kraków (Krakau), Poland, in 1940 and coordinated by the Jüdishce Gemeinde in Krakau in response to a Nazi order. The forms contain information on date of birth, address, occupation, and names of parents, and are accompanied by photographs for identification cards.
- System of Arrangement:
- The system of arrangement of the source repository has been preserved in the microfilmed reels. Arrangement is alphabetical by surname. Files are organized on reels as follows: Reel 1, 1-15A; Reel 2, 16-28; Reel 3, 29-40A; Reel 4, 41-52; Reel 5, 53-65; Reel 6, 66-78; Reel 7, 79-91; Reel 8, 92-105; Reel 9, 106-120; Reel 10, 121-133; Reel 11, 134-148; Reel 12, 149-161; Reel 13, 162-176; Reel 14, 177-190; Reel 15, 191-204; Reel 16, 205-217; Reel 17, 218-230; Reel 18, 231-245; Reel 19, 246-259; and Reel 20, 260-264
- Source of acquisition is the Żydowski Instytut Historyczny im. Emanuela Ringelbluma (ŻIH), Sygn. 206. The Jüdische Gemeinde in Krakau (Kraków) organized the registration process for Jewish inhabitants in 1940 in response to a Nazi order. ŻIH acquired the registration forms after World War II. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the collection in 1995.
- Legal Status:
- Permanent Collection
- Copyright Holder:
- The Emanuel Ringelblum Jewish Historical Institute
- Conditions on Access:
- No restrictions on access
- Conditions on Use:
- Restrictions on use. Publication or copying of more than several documents for a third party requires the permission of the Żydowski Instytut Historyczny imienia Emanuela Ringelbluma.
- Finding Aid Language:
- Holdings Status:
- Ask at Reference Desk
- Record last modified: 2015-06-30 14:14:36