- Record Type:
- Collection Subtitle:
- Registration forms for Jewish inhabitants of Kraków, Poland
- RG Number:
282 digital files : PDF ; 10.1 GB.
20 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
1 DVD-ROM ; 4 3/4 in..
- Scope and Content:
- Contains registration forms completed by the Jewish inhabitants of Kraków (Krakau), Poland, in 1940 and coordinated by the Jüdishce Gemeinde in Krakau in response to a Nazi order. The forms contain information on date of birth, address, occupation, and names of parents, and are accompanied by photographs for identification cards.
- System of Arrangement:
- The system of arrangement of the source repository has been preserved in the microfilmed reels. Arrangement is alphabetical by surname. Files are organized on reels as follows: Reel 1, 1-15A; Reel 2, 16-28; Reel 3, 29-40A; Reel 4, 41-52; Reel 5, 53-65; Reel 6, 66-78; Reel 7, 79-91; Reel 8, 92-105; Reel 9, 106-120; Reel 10, 121-133; Reel 11, 134-148; Reel 12, 149-161; Reel 13, 162-176; Reel 14, 177-190; Reel 15, 191-204; Reel 16, 205-217; Reel 17, 218-230; Reel 18, 231-245; Reel 19, 246-259; and Reel 20, 260-264.
Currently the original collection in ŻIH changed its Sygn. Number from Sygn. 260 to Sygn. 218/34/1-264, and is known under a title: Kraków-Getto. Akta personalne. The electronic database to the collection is accessible in ŻIH.
- Source of acquisition is the Żydowski Instytut Historyczny im. Emanuela Ringelbluma (ŻIH), Sygn. 218/34/1-264 (Old Sygn.206). The Jüdische Gemeinde in Krakau (Kraków) organized the registration process for Jewish inhabitants in 1940 in response to a Nazi order. ŻIH acquired the registration forms after World War II. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the collection in 1995.
- Legal Status:
- Permanent Collection
- Copyright Holder:
- Żydowski Instytut Historyczny im. Emanuela Ringelbluma
- Conditions on Access:
- No restrictions on access
- Conditions on Use:
- Restrictions on use. Publication or copying of more than several documents for a third party requires the permission of the Żydowski Instytut Historyczny imienia Emanuela Ringelbluma.
Record last modified: 2016-03-31 16:18:18