Correspondence and related records regarding the Bundesentschädigungsgesetz (BEG), the war claims act of 1948, and the German-American social security agreement
- Record Type:
- RG Number:
- Accession Number:
- Scope and Content:
- Chiefly correspondence concerning the (West) German Federal Indemnification Act of 1965 (Bundesentschädigungsgesetz or BEG), its synthesis, amendments, and implementing regulations, together with correspondence concerning the United States War Claims Act of 1948 and the German-American Social Security Agreement. Each legislative action was designed to provide compensation for deprivation of life and liberty and related persecution measures.
- System of Arrangement:
- Arrangement is thematic
- Benjamin B. Ferencz donated his collection to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Oct. 1994. The National Archives transferred a small portion of his personal papers to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Dec. 1994.
- Legal Status:
- Permanent Collection
- Corporate Name:
Jewish Restitution Successor Organization.
Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Personal Name:
Ferencz, Benjamin B., 1920-
Pins, Arnulf M.
Adenauer, Konrad, 1876-1967.
- Topical Term:
World War, 1939-1945--Confiscations and contributions.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Germany (West)--Reparations.
Restitution and indemnification claims (1933- )--Germany (West)
War crimes--History--20th century.
World War, 1939-1945--Jews.
Jews--Legal status, laws, etc.--Germany (West)
Jews--Politics and government--1948-.
- Conditions on Access:
- No restrictions on access
- Conditions on Use:
- No restrictions on use
- This collection may be stored offsite and would require seven days advance notice to access.
Please contact the Reference Desk for assistance.
- Record last modified: 2014-07-30 16:05:48