- Record Type:
- Brief Narrative:
- Pin issued by the Winterhilfswerk Des Deutschen Volkes, a public charity fundraising organization established in Germany by the Nazi Party in 1933. In addition to fundraising, the organization was used by the Nazi regime to promote Volksgemeinschaft, a sense of community, among the German people.
- The Nazi Party lapel piin was donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2005 by the University of Mary Washington Galleries.
- Legal Status:
- Permanent Collection
- overall : 1.250 x 1.000 x 0.120 in. (3.175 x 2.54 x 0.305 cm.)
- front, center, in yellow paint : VDA
front, top border, in blue enamel paint : Volksgenosse hilf! [Comrade, help!]
front, bordering sides and bottom, in blue enamel paint : Winterhilfswerk Des Deutschen Volkes 1933-1934 [Winter Relief Agency of the German People, 1933-1934]
- overall : metal, paint
- Conditions on Access:
- No restrictions on access
- Conditions on Use:
- No restrictions on use
Winterhilfswerk Des Deutschen Volkes
- Credit Line:
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of the University of Mary Washington Galleries
- Physical Description:
- U-shaped, metal pin with a center design in blue paint on a yellow background. It depicts a blue pennant with 3 yellow letters on a pole. Around the edge is German text in black, enclosed in a blue painted border. A pin clasp is attached at top. The back is blank.
Record last modified: 2016-03-12 03:28:26