- Record Type:
- Brief Narrative:
- Pin issued by the Winterhilfswerk Des Deutschen Volkes, a public charity fundraising organization established in Germany by the Nazi Party in 1933. In addition to fundraising, the organization was used by the Nazi regime to promote Volksgemeinschaft, a sense of community among the German people.
- The pin was donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2005 by the University of Mary Washington Galleries.
- Legal Status:
- Permanent Collection
- overall : 1.880 x 1.380 x 0.380 in. (4.775 x 3.505 x 0.965 cm.)
- back, printed on label, white ink : Thuringen
back, printed on label, black ink : [illegible]
- front, upper right, impressed: W H W
front, bottom, impressed: 34-35
- overall : plastic, metal, paper, ink, adhesive
- Conditions on Access:
- No restrictions on access
- Conditions on Use:
- No restrictions on use
Winterhilfswerk Des Deutschen Volkes
- Credit Line:
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of the University of Mary Washington Galleries
- Physical Description:
- Oval, dark brown, plastic pin. There is a raised center design of a pine tree with lit candles in its branches. In the upper left and right are 3 impressed letters, and at bottom, impressed numbers. Back has pin clasp attached by solder. Beneath pin is affixed a square paper label with text and an image of a green heart with an orange banner on white background.
- Record last modified: 2014-07-30 16:09:25