- Videotape testimony of Dorothy H., who was born in Włoszczowa (Poland) in 1925, and raised in Częstochowa. She recounts ghettoization; slave labor at HASAG-Pelzery with her father and brothers (her mother was killed); transfer to Ravensbrück, then Leipzig; a German who provided extra food; liberation; returning to Częstochowa; reunion with her father and brothers; marriage; moving to Germany; her son's birth in Landsberg; and emigration to the United States. Ms. H. notes she did not share her story with her son because she did not want to bring back painful memories.
- Kansas City, Kansas : Midwest Center for Holocaust Education, 1994
- Interview Date
- June 21, 1994.
Landsberg am Lech (Germany)
- Cite As
- Dorothy H. Holocaust Testimony (HVT-2615). Fortunoff Video Archive for Holocaust Testimonies, Yale University Library.
- 2 copies: 3/4 in. dub; and 1/2 in. VHS with time coding.
- Physical Description
- 1 videorecording (1 hr., 14 min.) : col
Keywords & Subjects
- Subjects (Local Yale)
- Survivor-child relations.
Aid by non-Jews.
- Holocaust survivors. Video tapes. Women. Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Personal narratives. World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, Jewish. World War, 1939-1945--Children. Brothers and sisters. Fathers and daughters. Jewish ghettos. Jews--Poland--Częstochowa. Poland. Włoszczowa (Poland) Częstochowa (Poland) Landsberg am Lech (Germany) Oral histories (document genres) H., Dorothy,--1925- Częstochowa (Concentration camp) Hugo Schneider Aktiengesellschaft. Ravensbrück (Concentration camp)
- Link to Yale University Library Catalog:
- Record last modified:
- 2018-05-29 11:47:00
- This page:
Additional ResourcesLibrarian View
Download & Licensing
- This record is digitized but cannot be downloaded online.