- Videotape testimony of Leon F., who was born in Zolochiv, Poland (presently Ukraine) in 1919, one of five sons. He recounts studying in a yeshiva; mobilization shortly before the war; Soviet occupation; German invasion; hiding with Jews and non-Jews in several locations; his brother suggesting he hide elsewhere; learning his brother and mother had been killed; visiting his wife who was hiding elsewhere; and liberation by Soviet troops.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina : Fundacion "Memoria del Holocausto", 2000
- Interview Date
- September 13, 2000.
Zolochiv (Lʹvivsʹka oblastʹ, Ukraine)
- Cite As
- Leon F. Holocaust Testimony (HVT-4139). Fortunoff Video Archive for Holocaust Testimonies, Yale University Library.
This testimony is in Yiddish.
- 2 copies: Betacam SP dub; and 1/2 in. VHS with time coding.
- Physical Description
- 1 videorecording (1 hr., 54 min.) : col
Keywords & Subjects
- Subjects (Local Yale)
- Soviet occupation.
Aid by non-Jews.
- Holocaust survivors. Video tapes. Men. Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Personal narratives. World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, Jewish. World War, 1939-1945--Participation, Polish. World War, 1939-1945--Participation, Jewish. Brothers. Husband and wife. Poland. Zolochiv (Lʹvivsʹka oblastʹ, Ukraine) Oral histories (document genres) F., Leon,--1919-
- Link to Yale University Library Catalog:
- Record last modified:
- 2018-05-29 11:42:00
- This page:
Additional ResourcesLibrarian View
Download & Licensing
- This record is digitized but cannot be downloaded online.