- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Mali Fenigstein
- front, center, black ink : Jude [Jew]
- Object Type
Star of David badges (lcsh)
- Physical Description
- Yellow cloth badge in the shape of a 6 pointed Star of David. The star outline is formed from 2 overlapping, dyed triangles and has German text in the center.
- overall: Height: 3.500 inches (8.89 cm) | Width: 3.000 inches (7.62 cm)
- overall : cloth, dye, ink
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- No restrictions on access
- Conditions on Use
- No restrictions on use
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- The Star of David badge was donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 1996 by Mali Fenigstein.
- Record last modified:
- 2022-07-28 18:23:18
- This page:
Also in Heinrich Fenigstein collection
Armband bearing image of Star of David.
Badge bearing prisoner [victim] number.
Badge bearing prisoner [victim] markings.
Armband worn by a prisoner in a slave labor camp.
Documents relate to Dr. Heinrich Fenigstein's role as a camp doctor at the Hessental labor camp. One document identifies him as such, giving him permission to leave the camp between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on official business, and the other gives him authority to purchase medication in his duties. Both are signed by the camp commandant.