- The Gertrude Heller Fischbach collection consists of six photographs relating to the family of Gertrude Fischbach (née Heller). Pictured in the photographs are the parents of Gertrude Fischbach Moritz Heller (b. December 30, 1876) and Friede Heller (b. May 25, 1880), and her parents-in-law Jonas Fischbach (b. October 17, 1885) and Amalie Fischbach (née Dull, b. September 29, 1884). The photographs were taken in Klagenfurt, Austria in 1938; London, England, circa 1939; and 1943-1944 after their arrival in the United States. All pictured were passengers on the MS St. Louis and eventually immigrated to the United States. Moritz and Friede Heller disembarked the MS St. Louis in England and Jonas and Amalie Fischbach disembarked the ship in France.
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Gertrude Fischbach
- System of Arrangement
- The Gertrude Heller Fischbach collection is arranged in a single series.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Gertrude Fischbach donated the Gertrude Heller Fischbach collection to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2000.
- Funding Note
- The cataloging of this collection has been supported by a grant from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-02-24 13:32:52
- This page: