- Files of the Court of the First Instance in Rawa Mazowiecka, such as: correspondence, financial reports, notary files, files of the bailiff, Władysław Nagórki, and civil cases (litigations) investigated by that court, such as: conferring judicial authorization to a draft, paying off debts, evictions. The Jews from Rawa Mazowiecka town and county were the parties in those lawsuits; there are many personal data about the participants of those lawsuits.
- Alternate Title
- Selected records of the Court of the First Instance in Rawa Mazowiecka
- Credit Line
- Forms part of the Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This archive consists of documentation whose reproduction and/or acquisition was made possible with funding from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Collection Creator
- Poland. S?d Grodzki w Rawie Mazowieckiej
30,387 digital images : PDF ; 11.5 GB .
- System of Arrangement
- Arranged in three series: 1. Correspondence. Mortgage Department, 1929; 2. Financial reports and notary files, 1921-1947; 3. Civil cases considered by the court, 1929-1940 (Orgnized by last names).
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. No other access restrictions apply to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Reproduction of more than 100 pages of copies of documents for researchers or other institutions requires a written permission of the General Director of the State Archives of the Republic of Poland. Publication of more than 10 complete documents in an individual work requires the written authorization of the General Director. The Museum may not publish any archival material obtained from the General Director, including specific archives under his control, on the Internet, the World Wide Web, or any other publicly accessible on-line network without the written permission of the General Director. Citation of the materials in any publication must refer to the Museum and the Polish State Archives and must include the name of the archival group and catalogue number of the originals.
- Copyright Holder
- Naczelna Dyrekcja Archiwów Państwowych
Keywords & Subjects
- Topical Term
- Jews--Poland--Rawa Mazowiecka--History--20th century. Criminal justice, Administration of--Poland--Rawa Mazowiecka--History--20th century. Dispute resolution (Law)--Poland--Rawa Mazowiecka--20th century. Law reports, digests, ect.--Poland--Rawa Mazowiecka--20th century. Holocaust Jewish (1939-1945)--Poland--History. Courts War crime trials
- Holder of Originals
Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie Oddział w Grodzisku Mazowieckim
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Source of acquisition is the Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie Oddział w Grodzisku Mazowieckim, Poland, Sygn. 1011. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the filmed collection via the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum International Archival Programs Division in 2015.
- Special Collection
Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive
- Record last modified:
- 2023-06-26 13:39:52
- This page: