- Consists of photographs, correspondence, and documents from the collection of Elsie Deeks, originally of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Ms. Deeks worked with the St. John's Ambulance Brigade of Canada as part of the 29th British General Hospital and was stationed at the former Bergen-Belsen concentration camp between May and July 1945. Includes handwritten letters about life in the hospital, personal photographs, documents related to her wartime service and copyprints of official photographs taken upon the liberation of Bergen-Belsen.
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Mark Celinscak
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Dr. Mark Celinscak donated this collection to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2012. He received this collection from Ms. Deeks' lifelong friend, Betty Thomson, as part of his own work on Canadians at Bergen-Belsen.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-08-24 14:44:06
- This page: