- Contains telegrams and Entlassungscheine (discharge certificates) from Auschwitz concentration camp relating to prisoner deaths, prisoner escapes, and prisoner discharges. All records relate to the main camp, Auschwitz I. The materials date from 1940 to 1944.
- Abteilung I - Kommandantur
- Credit Line
- Cite Panstwowe Muzeum Oświęcim Brzezinka as holder of originals
3 microfilm reels.
- System of Arrangement
- Orgainization: Reel 1, files 1577, 1578, and 1546, Telegrams concerning prisoner deaths; Reel 2, files 466-490, Telegrams concerning prisoner escapes; and Reel 3, files 1650-1652, Entlassungscheine (discharge certificates) from Auschwitz
Arrangement scheme is not apparent
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. No other access restrictions apply to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Any use of archival materials for purposes other than research projects required prior permission from the Museum and/or the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum. Users shall not to publish personal information from the archival materials including names, addresses, and other information identifying specific individuals, unless the information has been deceased for more than 30 years or is related to an historical figure or a current public figure. Otherwise users will publish the information only in anonymous form, except as permitted in writing by the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum.
- Copyright Holder
- Państwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
Państwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum International Programs Department ordered microfilm copies of the documents from Panstwowe Muzeum Oswiecim Brzezinka in 1997. United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the microfilms on May 1, 1998.
- Record last modified:
- 2022-07-28 18:08:21
- This page: