- Contains a work journal (diary) kept by the commander of the Schutzpolizei station in Radom, Poland, from June 15, 1944, to December 12, 1944. The journal contains information about police activities and various crimes commited such as trespassing, robbery, kidnapping by partisans (bandits) and theft.
1944 June 15-1944 December 12
- Collection Creator
- Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter-Partei. Schutzstaffel.
1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.
- System of Arrangement
- Journal entries are chronological.
Records are arranged in the original order of their acquisition from the source archive. The museum has acquired only selected records from Institute of National Remembrance (Instytut Pamięci Narodowej-Komisja Ścigania Zbrodni przeciwko Narodowi Polskiemu, or IPN). More information about this collection and other materials in the possession of the Institute of National Remembrance, including archival finding aids from the Archives of the Institute of National Remembrance, is available at the website: https://ipn.gov.pl
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. Researchers must complete and sign a User Declaration form before access is granted to materials from the Institute of National Remembrance (Instytut Pamięci Narodowej).
- Conditions on Use
- 1. Each researcher using the materials obtained from the Institute of National Remembrance (IPN) or materials whose originals belong to the IPN must complete the registration procedure required by USHMM.
2. Publication or reproduction of documents (in the original language, in facsimile form or in the form of a translation of an excerpt or of the entire document) or making them available to a third party in any form requires the written consent of the Institute of National Remembrance (firstname.lastname@example.org). The use of an excerpt defined as the fair use right to quote does not require obtaining consent.
3. Researchers assume all responsibility for the use of materials that belong to the Institute of National Remembrance.
4. References to documents that belong to the Institute of National Remembrance must cite the Institute of National Remembrance as the owner of the original documents and include the full reference citation of the Institute of National Remembrance in the citations.
- Copyright Holder
- Instytut Pamięci Narodowej-Komisja Ścigania Zbrodni przeciwko Narodowi Polskiemu
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
Instytut Pamięci Narodowej-Komisja Ścigania Zbrodni przeciwko Narodowi Polskiemu
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Source of acquisition is the Instytut Pamięci Narodowej – Komisja Ścigania Zbrodni przeciwko Narodowi Polskiemu (IPN), Warsaw, Poland, Sygn.172. Records created by the Schutzpolizei in Radom, Poland, from June to Dec. 1944. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the collection from the IPN via the United States Holocaust Museum International Archives Project in July 2012.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-08-25 12:29:52
- This page: