- Consists of eight photographs depicting corpses of prisoners found at the liberation of Buchenwald concentration camp in Germany. The caption "Buchenwald Concentration Camp / April 1945," is handwritten on the verso of each photo.
- Collection Creator
- Milwaukee Jewish Archives
- System of Arrangement
- The photographs of corpses at Buchenwald are arranged in a single series.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
Keywords & Subjects
- Topical Term
- World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps--Liberation--Germany. Dead persons--Germany--1940-1950. Prisoners--Germany--1940-1950.
- Geographic Name
- Corporate Name
- Buchenwald (Concentration camp)
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- The Milwaukee Jewish Archives donated the photographs of corpses at Buchenwald to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 1992.
- Funding Note
- The cataloging of this collection has been supported by a grant from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-02-24 14:11:42
- This page: