- Selected records of the Jewish communities of the Travnik kanton in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Includes selected records of Jewish properties and the local schools (public and Catholic) related to individual Jews and Jewish families residing in the town of Travnik and Travnik kanton before, during and after World War II. The collection also includes records from the personal archival collection of Anton Pelić, with a large number of postcards and photographs of private buildings (houses, synagogue, shops, small factories etc.) owned and occupied by Jewish families in Travnik before WWII.
- Credit Line
- Forms part of the Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This archive consists of documentation whose reproduction and/or acquisition was made possible with funding from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Martin Udovičić, Travnik u vrijeme Austro-Ugarske 1878-1918, Travnik, 1981. god., str. 149
Spomenka Pelić, Travničke osnovne škole, Glasnik arhivā i društva arhviskih radnika BiH, XXXIV/1996-97, str.153
- Business cards. Correspondence. Invitations. Invoices. Maps. Minutes. Postcards. Registers. Reports. Statistics.
5,213 digital images : JPEG ; 1.30 GB .
- System of Arrangement
- Arranged in seven series: 1. Collection of designs, sketches and maps of Jewish properties, 1884-1952; 2. Catholic schools, 1884-1945; 3. General records of the National Primary Schools, 1880-1821(1880-1825); 4. National Primary schools for boys, 1922-1945 (1918-1945); 5. National Primary schools for girls,1921-1945 (1919-1944); 6. Records of the Austrian Consulate, 1807-1821(1817-1819); 7. Private collection of Anton Pelić, 1884-1975.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. No other access restrictions apply to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Permission of the source Archives is required for any publication of materials, as well as for any commercial use by third party. The commercial use require payment for such use in accordance with established prices for services provided by the source Archives. A copy of any published work that includes records of the source Archives will be provided to the Museum and the Archives.
- Copyright Holder
- Arhiv Srednjobosanskog kantona
Keywords & Subjects
- Topical Term
- World War, 1939-1945--Confiscations and contributions--Bosnia and Herzegovina. Jews--Bosnia and Hercegovina--History--19th century--Registers. Jews--Bosnia and Hercegovina--History--20th century--Registers. Jewish property--Bosnia and Herzegovina--History--20th century--Registers. Schools--Bosnia and Herzegovina--History--20th century. Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Bosnia and Hercegovina--Economic aspects.
- Geographic Name
- Gornji Dolac (Travnik, Bosnia and Herzegovina) Travnik (Bosnia and Hercegovina : Opština) Bosnia and Hercegovina--Politics and government--20th century. Bosnia and Hercegovina--Ethnic relations--History--20th century.
- Personal Name
- Pelić, Anton.
- Holder of Originals
Arhiv Srednjobosanskog kantona
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Source of acquisition is the State Archives of the Travnik Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina [Arhiv Srednjobosanskog kantona (Kantonalni archive Travnik)]. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the collection via the United States Holocaust Museum International Archives Project in 2016.
- Special Collection
Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive
- Record last modified:
- 2022-07-28 18:12:23
- This page: