- Contains documents relating to the experiences of Teodor Gruca, including material related to this incarceration in Dachau between 1940-1945, and his postwar activity as a music teacher. He was arrested by the Gestapo for the refusal to sign the "Volksliste." The collection includes a song book with forty songs, which were sung by the prisoners' of the Polish Choir, of which Teodor Gruca was the director. Includes a small album signed by members of the choir after liberation; documents issued by government authorities upon his return to Poland in 1945; materials related to his employment and supplemental education; and his application for reparations from Germany.
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Kazimierz Gruca
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2016 by Kazimierz Gruca, in memory of his father Teodor Gruca.
- Record last modified:
- 2024-01-18 15:31:38
- This page: