- Brief Narrative
- Watercolor created by Oscar Liedel, 1945
- Artwork Title
- La Chambre a Gaz
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of the Severin Wunderman Family
- and dated at lower right O. Liedel
- Object Type
Watercolor painting (lcsh)
- Physical Description
- Depicted is a figure representing death, draped in red with Nazi swastika emblem at door to the gas chamber, unclothed Jews being sent to death. Framed in a 1" walnut mould enclosing silk mat and glazing.
- overall: Height: 14.250 inches (36.195 cm) | Width: 19.760 inches (50.19 cm)
- overall : paper, gouache
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- No restrictions on access
- Conditions on Use
- No restrictions on use
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- The watercolor painting was donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 1991 by the Severin Wunderman Family.
- Record last modified:
- 2022-07-28 18:21:43
- This page:
Also in Severin Wunderman family collection
The collection consists of three watercolors created by Oscar Liedel, and a book titled "La Guerre et L'Occupation Vues."
Limited edition of 26 copies Hors-Commerce lettered A-Z and 500 copies on Papier D'Arches numbered 1-500; this copy unnumbered.