- Contains restitution paperwork and documents relating to Judith Mendelsohn (donor's aunt), as well as photographs primarily of members of Brit Yosef Trumpeldor (Betar) in Suwałki.
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Deena Epstein and Ina Silver
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2017 by Deena Epstein, niece of Judith Mendelsohn.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-03-01 11:23:39
- This page:
Also in Mirow family collection
The collection consists of materials documenting the experiences of the Mirow family in Suvalkskai︠a︡ gubernīi︠a︡, Poland (formerly Suwalki, Poland) through family photographs, correspondence, and restitution paperwork. Some of these materials may be combined into a single collection in the future.
Date: approximately 1925-1941
Contains prewar family photographs and correspondence from Poland and the Soviet Union primarily addressed to the Mirow family in the United States.
Consists of pre-war family photographs featuring some of the donors' relatives such as Janet and Joseph Mirow (Mirwoski), and Judith Mendelsohn, in addition to group photos of Betar members of Suvalkskai︠a︡ gubernīi︠a︡, Poland (formerly Suwalki, Poland). Also included is an empty photo album as well as a bound ship's passenger list for the MS Piłsudski, which sailed from Gdynia, Poland to New York. It features the names of Jozef Mirowski and Szejna Mirowska listed in the Tourist class.
Includes handwritten and typewritten correspondence, including two postcards, and some photographs featuring Janet and Joseph Mirow