- Hungarian gendarmerie card files in Moscow, 1920-1944. Collection comprises card files of people detained on suspicion of communist sympathies, or for having been active in the Hungarian Republic of Councils (1919), or on suspicion of being linked to activities in Yugoslavia.
- Collection Creator
- Hungary. Honve?dse?g.
69,209 digital images : JPEG ; 40.2 GB .
- System of Arrangement
- The system of arrangement of the source repository has been preserved in the microfilmed reels. Arranged in 40 parts, each part is named the "Hungarian files." Files are not arranged alphabetically.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing station. There are no additional access restrictions to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- The Museum is in the process of determining the possible use restrictions that may apply to material(s) in this collection.
Keywords & Subjects
- Topical Term
- World War, 1939-1945--Atrocities--Hungary. Political atrocities--Hungary--History--20th century--Sources. Hungarians--History--20th century--Registers. Political activists--Hungary--History--20th century--Registers.
- Geographic Name
- Hungary--Politics and goverment--20th century.
- Corporate Name
- Hungary. Honvédség
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Original documents are located in the Special Archives in Moscow. A digital copy was transferred to the National Archives of Hungary which gave it to the Holocaust Memorial Center, Budapest (Holokauszt Emlékközpont, HDKE)
- Record last modified:
- 2023-08-25 09:45:56
- This page: