- Records related to the history of the Jewish Community of Osijek, and the Osijek region, Croatia, which includes the towns of Nasice, Donji Miholjac, Čepin, and Baranja county. This collection includes selected records from various archival collections related to the confiscation and nationalization of Jewish property (houses, shops, factories etc.), inventories of Jewish property, petitions of local Jews to free members of their families who are imprisoned in concentration camps (Djakovo, Jacenovac and other), discriminatory orders and decrees of the local municipalities related to the Jewish population, statistical data and numerous petitions of the local Jews applying for baptism into Catholic faith.
- Credit Line
- Forms part of the Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This archive consists of documentation whose reproduction and/or acquisition was made possible with funding from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
6,281 digital images : JPEG ; 7.96 GB .
- System of Arrangement
- Arranged in six groups: 1. City government Osijek, 1941-1945 [HR 6]; 2.Office of nationalization of properties, 1941-1945 [HR 701]; 3. Municipality of Čepin, 1938-1942 [HR 40]; 4. Municipality of Donji Miholjac, 1941; 5. Municipality of Našice, 1931 [HR 24]; 6. County of Baranya, 1942 [HR-47].
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. No other access restrictions apply to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Any publication of the records will require the written permission of the State Archive of Osijek in Croatia. A copy of any published work should be provided to the USHMH and State Archive of Osijek. For any commercial use of the records researchers must obtain the Archives' consent and pay required fee.
- Copyright Holder
- Državni arhiv u Osijeku
Keywords & Subjects
- Topical Term
- World War, 1939-1945--Confiscations and contributions--Croatia. Jewish property--Croatia--History--20th century--Registers. Jews--Croatia--Registers. Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Croatia. Municipal government.
- Geographic Name
- Baranja (Croatia) Čepin (Croatia) Donji Miholjac (Croatia) Našice (Croatia) Osijek (Croatia)
- Holder of Originals
Državni arhiv u Osijeku
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Source of acquisition is the Državni arhiv u Osijeku (State Archive of Osijek (DAOS)). The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the filmed collection via the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum International Programs Division in Dec. 2014.
- Special Collection
Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive
- Record last modified:
- 2023-08-23 08:48:09
- This page: