Selected records from the Archivo Storico del Ministerio degli Affari Esteri
- Record Type:
- RG Number:
- Accession Number:
6 microfilm reels ; 16 mm.
- Scope and Content:
- This collection includes information on the Italian reaction to the rise of Nazi antisemitism in Germany and German-occupied territories, as well as on negotiations about the fate of Jews in southern France. The records also document the situation of refugees, the consequences of racial laws in Italy, the Italian resistance, and Zionism.
- From various record groups of Archivio storico diplomatico. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum International Archival Programs Division surveyed the Historical Archive of the Foreign Ministry of Italy in 1999, and ordered the filming of selected records in 2000. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the microfilm on Nov. 13, 2000.
- Legal Status:
- Permanent Collection
- Geographic Name:
Italy--Politics and government--1922-1945.
- Topical Term:
World War, 1939-1945--Jews--Rescue.
- Copyright Holder:
- Archivio storico diplomatico (Rome, Italy)
- Conditions on Access:
- Restrictions on access. See cooperative agreement between Archivio storico diplomatico and the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Conditions on Use:
- Restrictions on use. See cooperative agreement between Archivio storico diplomatico and the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Holdings Status:
- Ask at Reference Desk
Record last modified: 2014-07-30 16:08:23
CLICK HERE to limit your search to the 167 items that are linked to this collection. You may also view a single item by clicking on a link below.