- Contains documents, correspondence, passports and identity papers illustrating the experiences of Hans and Sidonie Heilpern and their three children Gertrude, Felix and Wilhelmine all of whom fled Vienna, Austria in 1939. Included is correspondence from Hans to Sidonie from concentration camps Dachau and Buchenwald in Germany, where Hans was interned from June 1938 to April 1939. Passport issued to Sidonie states family arrived August 1939, except Felix, who arrived separately. Also included are various documents issued to family in the United States, and pre- and postwar photographs of the family in Vienna and New York.
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Allan Stollberg
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2015 by Allan Stollberg.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-02-24 13:44:31
- This page: