- Contains correspondence of the members of Jewish communists from Ploiești, relating to war criminals, creation of the People’s Republic of Romania,1948 elections, meetings, and study circles. Also includes records of the National Committee for Romaization (Aryanization) for the Prahova district containing tables of confiscated Jewish real estate, correspondence relating to the expropriation of Jewish properties, registers, instructions on buildings confiscated from Jews, lists of confiscated Jewish real estate in 1943, procès-verbaux of confiscated Jewish real estate property by address.
- Credit Line
- Forms part of the Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This archive consists of documentation whose reproduction and/or acquisition was made possible with funding from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Collection Creator
- Comitetul Democratic Evreiesc
720 digital images : JPEG ; 1.53 GB .
4 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- System of Arrangement
- Organized in the following order: Fond Comitetul Democratic Evreiesc, 1946-1948, Inv. Nr. 1761 and Fond Fond Centrul Naţional de Românizare. 1941-1942, Inv. nr. 438.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. No other access restrictions apply to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Fair use only. Use only for scientific purposes (not for commercial use)
- Copyright Holder
- Arhivele Naţionale ale României
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
Arhivele Naţionale ale României
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Source of acquisition is the Arhivele Naţionale ale României (Romanian National Archives), Prahova branch, created by the Comitetul Democratic Evreiesc (Democratic Jewish Committee), a “fellow traveler”/a puppet Jewish organization aligned with the Romanian Communist Part. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the collection from the Romanian National Archives, via the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum’s International Archives Project in June 2011.
- Special Collection
Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive
- Record last modified:
- 2022-07-28 17:51:51
- This page: