- Contains JUNA records, newspaper clippings, brochures, pamphlets, original documents as correspondence, reports, court documents, etc. Includes correspondence and other documents on Benjamin Sagalowitz; and collection of documents compiled by the defense in the trial of David Frankfurter in Chur 1936; documents on the Holocaust in European countries, persecution and extermination of European Jews, eyewitness accounts on concentration and extermination camps, Jewish resistance, reactions abroad, number of victims; the book project "The Way Maidanek" by B. Sagalowitz, personal dossiers, persecution and extermination of German Jews, situation reports; documnets on the post-war antisemitism in Eastern Europe; as well as on activities of Jewish organizations in the U.S., and international organizations.
- Alternate Title
- Jewish News: the JUNA archive and documentation belonging to the press office of the Alliance of Swiss Jewish Communities
- Collection Creator
- Schweizerischer Israelitischer Gemeindebund: Jüdische Nachrichten (JUNA)
- Carl Ludwig. The Switzerland's refugee policy in the years 1933 to 1955. Report for submission to the Federal Council of the Federal Assembly. Bern, 1957.
Alfred A. Häsler. The boat is full. Switzerland and the Refugees, 1933-1945. Zurich, 1967.
Jacques Picard. Switzerland and the Jews 1933-1945: Swiss Anti-Semitism, Jewish defense and international refugee policy. Zurich, 1994.
Hadassa Ben-Itto: "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" - Anatomy of a forgery, Berlin 1998. (Translated from English by Helmut Ettinger and Juliane Lochner).
Karin Huser Bugmann. Shtetl on the Sihl: immigration, life and living conditions of Eastern European Jews in 1880-1939 Zurich. Zurich, 1998.
270,608 digital images : PDF ; 46.2 GB.
- System of Arrangement
- Chronological and alphabetical.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. Users are required to complete a User Declaration in order to gain access to the collection.
- Conditions on Use
- No publication and copies of the records and finding aids to the 3rd party users without the written permission from the Archiv für Zeitgeschichte (AfZ). The Museum may not transfer the materials or duplicate records thereof or any of the finding aids to any third party, except as permitted in the Cooperation Contract, Article II paragraph 5 herein or as otherwise permitted in writing by the AfZ. The Museum may not publish the reproduction material or finding aid on the Internet, World Wide Web, or any publicly accessible on-line network without the written permission of the AfZ. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copyright Holder
- Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich. Archiv für Zeitgeschichte - Archivleitung
Keywords & Subjects
- Topical Term
- World War 1939-1945--Atrocities--Europe. World War, 1939-1945--Jewish resistance--Europe. World War, 1939-1945--Jews--Rescue. Jews--Persecutions--Switzerland. Jews, German--Europe--History--20th century. Trials (Political crimes and offenses)--.Switzerland. War crime trials. Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Personal narratives.
- Geographic Name
- Switzerland--Politics and government--20th century. Switzerland--Foreign relations--Germany.
- Corporate Name
- Swiss Federation of Israelite Communities (SIG)
- Holder of Originals
Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich. Archiv für Zeitgeschichte - Archivleitung
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Source of acquisition is the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich. Archiv für Zeitgeschichte (AfZ), Switzerland. The Jüdische Nachrichten (Jewish News), JUNA transferred its archive to the AfZ in 1993/1994. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the digitized collection via the United States Holocaust Museum International Archives Programs in Oct. 2012.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-06-07 10:46:54
- This page: