- Consists of a copy of a declassified memorandum written on 15 May 1947 by Vincent La Vista to Herbert J. Cummings. The memorandum describes the illegal immigration of Jews, Hungarians, displaced persons in general, and other groups into and through Italy after World War II. La Vista also reports on the alleged illegal activities of institutions and groups including the Vatican, the International Red Cross, and the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration in connection with illegal immigration.
1947 May 15
- System of Arrangement
- The Vincent La Vista report on illegal immigration in and through Italy is arranged in a single series.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- The Vincent La Vista report was donated anonymously to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 1992.
- Funding Note
- The cataloging of this collection has been supported by a grant from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-08-24 13:46:47
- This page: