- Contains information about revocation of citizenship; activities of Zionist organizations and Zionist congresses; cases of Rassenschande; restrictions on Mischlinge; Jehovah's Witnesses; homosexuals; antisemitic propaganda; anti-Jewish laws; treatment of Ostjuden; concentration camps; treatment of German Romanies; the Jewish question in the East; and activities of Israelitische Religionsgemeinde in various German cities.
- Collection Creator
- Nachrichtstelle der Sa?chsischen Staatskanzlei (Zeitungsausschnittsammlung)
Germany. Reichsministerium des Innern
Dresden (Germany). PolizeipraÌˆsidium.
The Reich Ministry of the Interior (RMI) was the Ministry of the Interior of the German Reich during the Weimar Republic and the period of National Socialism . On November 1, 1934, it was united with the Prussian Ministry of the Interior to the Reich and Prussian Ministry of the Interior. It had the responsibility for the entire police apparatus. It was the successor of the Reich Office of the Interior and the predecessor of the Ministry of the Interior. Since April 14, 1914, the Ministry of Interior had the responsibility for elite sports as national task. Extension of the Reich Ministry of the Interior from the 1930s, Dorotheenstraße 93. The Official Gazette of the Reich Ministry, which was issued for the purpose of public announcements, was the Reichsministerialblatt (RMBl) from 1923 to 1945. It followed in this function from 1873 to 1922 mostly still published by the predecessor authority Zentralblatt for the German Reich (ZBl). [Source: Wikipedia]
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
20 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- System of Arrangement
- Organized into the following series: Reichsministerium des Innern, Reels 1-2; Polizeiprasidium Dresden, Reels 2-4; Nachrichtstelle der Sächsischen Staatskanzlei (Zeitungsauschnittsammlung), Reels 5-7; Kreishauptmannschaft Zwickau, Reels 10-11; Amtshauptmannschaft Annaberg, Reel 11; Sondergericht Freiberg-Zuchthaus Waldheim, Reels 12-13; Wirtschaftsministerium, Reel 13; Reichsministerium für Volksbildung, Reel 14-20. Arrangment is thematic within series.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. Access is restricted for some files. See the finding aid for specific restrictions on case files.
- Copyright Holder
- Staatsarchiv Dresden
Keywords & Subjects
- Topical Term
- Antisemitism. Concentration camps--Germany. Expatriation. Gays--Nazi persecution. Romani Genocide, 1939-1945. Jehovah's Witnesses--Nazi persecution. Jews--Legal status, laws, etc. Mischlinge (Nuremberg Laws of 1935) Anti-Jewish propaganda--Germany. Race defilement (Nuremberg Laws of 1935) Zionists--Germany--Congresses.
- Holder of Originals
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Various agencies of the German government created the records before and during World War II. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives ordered the filming of selected files from the Sächische Hauptstaatsarchiv collection in 1993.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-06-07 11:32:03
- This page: