- The letter was written to Evelyn Burg by her husband, Lester Burg, while he was serving with the American military in France during World War II. The letter, dated September 28, 1944, describes his experiences as a Jewish soldier in France, his knowledge of the ongoing Holocaust, and preparation for 1944 Yom Kippur services.
1944 September 28
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Evelyn Burg
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- The letter was donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum by Evelyn Burg in 1991.
Received by Evelyn Burg from Lester Burg (donor's husband), September 1944, France.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-10-03 08:34:35
- This page: