- Collection consists of four photographs depicting life in the ghetto during the Holocaust. The image of the boy and man fighting over a piece of bread was taken in the Warsaw ghetto. It is believed that the other three images (two of children standing in the street and another of someone laying on the sidewalk) were also taken in the Warsaw ghetto. Lou Jacoby's father's friend Janek Celnick survived the war as a photographer and gave these to the donor's father while they were living in the Neu Freimann DP camp.
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Beth and Lou Jacoby
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- The Museum is in the process of determining the possible use restrictions that may apply to material(s) in this collection.
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- The collection was donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2006 by Beth and Lou Jacoby.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-02-24 14:17:39
- This page: