- Collection consists of records of criminal cases related to collaboration with the German authorities and the police, which were tried in post-war Poland. Cases relate to criminal activities against Jews and Poles such as participation in the roundups, pacifications, deportations and executions, denunciations of Jews, collaboration with the Gestapo, blackmailing Jews, requisitioning of property, surveillance and other crimes.
- Alternate Title
- The Court of Appeal in Warsaw
- Credit Line
- Forms part of the Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This archive consists of documentation whose reproduction and/or acquisition was made possible with funding from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Collection Creator
- Poland. S?d Apelacyjny w Warszawie
- Court records.
9,777 digital images : PDF ; 4.34 GB .
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- The entire collection is restricted. Records contain personal and sensitive information of individuals, which is protected under Polish law, it shall permit Museum staff only to have access to said materials. Third parties who desire access to said materials shall be required to obtain the written consent of the director of the state archives that holds the original materials. The director of the state archives that reproduces the original materials will be responsible for informing the Museum, in writing, of any specific material that contains personal and sensitive information protected under Polish law.
- Conditions on Use
- Reproduction of more than 100 pages of copies of documents for researchers or other institutions requires a written permission of the General Director of the State Archives of the Republic of Poland. Publication of more than 10 complete documents in an individual work requires the written authorization of the General Director. The Museum may not publish any archival material obtained from the General Director, including specific archives under his control, on the Internet, the World Wide Web, or any other publicly accessible on-line network without the written permission of the General Director. Citation of the materials in any publication must refer to the Museum and the Polish State Archives and must include the name of the archival group and catalogue number of the originals.
- Copyright Holder
- Naczelna Dyrekcja Archiwów Państwowych
Keywords & Subjects
- Topical Term
- World War, 1939-1945--Atrocities--Poland--Warsaw. World War, 1939-1945--Collaborationists--Poland. Polish people--Legal status, laws, etc.--Poland--20th century. Jews--Legal status, laws, etc.--Poland--20th century. Justice, Administration of--Poland--Warsaw--History. Collaborationists--Poland--History--20th century--Registers. Criminals--Poland--Warsaw--History--20th century. Communists--Crimes against--Poland. Holocaust Jewish (1939-1945)--Poland--Warsaw. Courts
- Holder of Originals
Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Source of acquisition is the Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie, Poland, Sygn. 1602. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the filmed collection via the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum International Archival Programs Division in Nov. 2016.
- Special Collection
Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive
- Record last modified:
- 2023-06-26 13:29:10
- This page: