- Selected records with a diverse provenance relating to Jewish inhabitants in various regions of Poland during World War II. The most significant records (card file No 14) are lists of inhabitants of individual towns and villages of the county of Hrubieszów, the district of Lublin, as well as applications of Jews to return to Międzyrzecz Podlaski in 1940 (some with photos), and a list of Jewish inhabitants of the town of Płock. Also included is private correspondence, in Polish and German, and orders of the occupier’s authorities.
- Alternate Title
- Collection of documents from the period of World War II
- Credit Line
- Forms part of the Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This archive consists of documentation whose reproduction and/or acquisition was made possible with funding from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
6,375 digital images : PDF ; 2.38 GB .
- System of Arrangement
- Arranged in four series: 1. Records of Jewish inhabitants of Lublin district (Hrubieszów, Międzyrzecz Podlaski); 2. Records of Jewish inhabitants of Łódź district (Skierniewice); 3. Records of Jewish inhabitants of Białystok region (Ostrów, Sokołów-Wegrów); 4. Records of Jewish inhabitants of the city Płock and its region.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. No other access restrictions apply to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Reproduction of more than 100 pages of copies of documents for researchers or other institutions requires a written permission of the General Director of the State Archives of the Republic of Poland. Publication of more than 10 complete documents in an individual work requires the written authorization of the General Director. The Museum may not publish any archival material obtained from the General Director, including specific archives under his control, on the Internet, the World Wide Web, or any other publicly accessible on-line network without the written permission of the General Director. Citation of the materials in any publication must refer to the Museum and the Polish State Archives and must include the name of the archival group and catalogue number of the originals.
- Copyright Holder
- Naczelna Dyrekcja Archiwów Państwowych
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Source of acquisition is the Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie, Poland, Sygn. 1978 . The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the filmed collection via the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum International Archival Programs Division in Nov. 2016.
- Special Collection
Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive
- Record last modified:
- 2022-07-28 18:14:34
- This page: