- Brief Narrative
- Forged identity card issued to Cippora Cerf in October 1942 in Paris, France by the resistance. Issued underground by the M.O.I. Mains d'oeuvres Immigres (French underground resistance group).
1942 October 03
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Claudine Cerf
- Object Type
Identification cards (lcsh)
- Physical Description
- False identity card issued to Cypora Cerf, born Salit on 12 January, 1916 in Wilno, Poland, with a seal from the city of Paris.
- overall: Height: 15.875 inches (40.323 cm) | Width: 4.250 inches (10.795 cm)
- overall : paper, ink, gelatin silver print, metal
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- No restrictions on access
- Conditions on Use
- No restrictions on use
Keywords & Subjects
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- The identification card was donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 1991 by Claudine Cerf.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-04-11 10:16:43
- This page:
Also in Claudine Cerf collection
The collection consists of artifacts relating to the experiences of Cippora Cerf in France during the Holocaust.
Contains letters and documents of attestation concerning the involvement of Cecile Cerf and Lydia Brenner in resistance activities against the Nazis during the German occupation of France. The materials date from 1944 to 1961.
French resistance Rubber stamp used by Cecile Cerf in the French Resistance during the Nazi occupation of France, c. 1942-1944. Used by Cecile Cypora Cerf (donor's mother), 1942-1944, France.
Forged identity card issued to Cippora Cerf in November 1943 in Paris, France by the resistance. Issued underground by the M.O.I. Mains d'oeuvres Immigres (French underground resistance group).
Yellow Star of David badge with the French word for Jew (Juif) printed on it. All Jews age six and older in German-occupied France were required to wear an identifying badge on their clothing. Jews were forced to pay for the badges out of their textile ration.
Armband worn by a member of the French resistance. Armband worn by Cecile Cerf in the French Resistance during the Nazi occupation of France, c. 1942-1944.