- Contains photographs of the d'Ancona family before the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands; a birth announcement for Hetty d'Ancona (donor); two postwar letters; and a "rapportboekje" or report card booklet.
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of the Estate of Hetty d'Ancona de Leeuwe
- Collection Creator
- Hetty de Leeuwe
Estella d'Ancona-Vieijra, Hetty's mother, was a Dutch Jew who was arrested during World War II and interned in Westerbork transit camp in the Netherlands, Theresienstadt concentration camp in the Czech Republic, Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp in Poland, and finally Lenzing labor camp in Austria where she was liberated in 1945.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Donated to the USHMM in 2017 by the Estate of Hetty D'Ancona de Leeuwe.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-02-24 14:31:23
- This page:
Also in Hetty d'Ancona de Leeuwe collection
Three pins painted by Felix d'Ancona. Photographs of the D'Ancona family before the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands. Baby announcement of Hetty, two letters written postwar, "rapportboekje" or report card booklet.