- Selected files of the „Der Stadthauptmann der Stadt Krakau” (Starosta Miasta krakowa; City Governor in Kraków), consist of various records like: resolutions and circular letters of the Chief offices of the Kraków district and the government of GG, circular letters of the Starosta of City of Kraków, correspondence, resolutions and announcements of the City Governor in Kraków, including the ones published in the Kraków press and on posters („Amtliche Veröffentlichungen durch Presse und Plakatierung”), police registration cards of Poles and Jews containing many detailed personal data, various official forms and prints, including antisemitic and anti-Soviet propaganda, ordinances of confiscation of houses, companies and estates, mainly belonging to Jews, 157 photographs from “the Jewish operation” in Kraków, personal files of the Jews hired by the Office of Furniture Administration (Möbelschaffungsamt), registers of Jewish apartments taken over by the Office of Houses Administration (Wohnungsamt), documents referred to estates confiscated from Jews, detailed orders of deportation of Jews from Kraków, 1941, and other documents, such as lists of Jewish shops, army accommodations, and the like.
- Alternate Title
- Der Stadthauptmann der Stadt Krakau
- Credit Line
- Forms part of the Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This archive consists of documentation whose reproduction and/or acquisition was made possible with funding from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Related materials: RG-15.152: 2009.145. Der Stadthauptmann der Stadt Krakau: Starosta miasta Krakowa (Sygn. 228)
Related materials: RG-15.098M: 1998.A.0256. Starosta Miasta Krakowa (Sygn. 450). Wykazy dowὀdow osobistych (Kennkartenlisten) wydanych Żydom : Stadthauptmann der Stadt Krakau. Kennkartenlisten
- Announcements. Circular letters. Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) Correspondence. Maps. Photographs. Posters. Registers.
40 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.
- System of Arrangement
- Arranged in six subject series: 1. Regulations and correspondence of the head of the Kraków district and GG government; 2. Police registration cards (Police check-in and check-out) of Poles and Jews; 3. Copies of deportation orders for Jews issued by "Chef des Distrikts Krakau Aussiedlungsstelle" and addressed, among others, "An die Treuhandaussenstelle des Diestrikts Krakau"; 4. Photographs of "Jewish actions" (pfotographs made by the Germans); 5. Registers of Jewish residents occupied by the German housing office; 6. Displacement orders for Jews (1941), other documents.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. No other access restrictions apply to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Reproduction of more than 100 pages of copies of documents for researchers or other institutions requires a written permission of the General Director of the State Archives of the Republic of Poland. Publication of more than 10 complete documents in an individual work requires the written authorization of the General Director. The Museum may not publish any archival material obtained from the General Director, including specific archives under his control, on the Internet, the World Wide Web, or any other publicly accessible on-line network without the written permission of the General Director. Citation of the materials in any publication must refer to the Museum and the Polish State Archives and must include the name of the archival group and catalogue number of the originals.
- Copyright Holder
- Naczelna Dyrekcja Archiwów Państwowych
Keywords & Subjects
- Topical Term
- World War, 1939-1945--Atrocities--Poland--Kraków--History--20th century. World War, 1939 -1945--Confiscations and contributions--Poland--Kraków. Jews--Crimes against--Poland--Kraków--History--20th century. Polish people--Crimes against--Poland--Kraków--History--20th century. Jews--Legal status, laws, etc.--Poland--20th century--Registers. Jews--Persecutions--Poland--History--20th century. Jewish property--Poland--Kraków. Jewish councils--Poland--Kraków. Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Poland.
- Geographic Name
- Kraków (Poland)--History.
- Holder of Originals
Archiwum Narodowe w Krakowie
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Source of acquisition is the Archiwum Narodowe w Krakowie, Poland, Sygn. 33. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the filmed collection via the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum International Archival Programs Division in March 2018.
- Record last modified:
- 2022-07-28 18:17:06
- This page: