- The collection contains approximately two thousand personal files of Jews suspected or accused of various crimes (e.g. thieves, crooks, forgers, etc.) listed by the Investigation Office in Warsaw. Files contain the dossier of a person, information sheet, which includes the following data: name, alias, date and place of birth, place of residence, marital status, parents' names, personal data spouse, names of children, information about the lovers, people with whom a person maintains contact or collaborate in criminal activities, occupation, religion, military service, description, additional information and attention. In addition, Files, very often, contains such documents as police photos of a person's, fingerprint card, the sample handwriting, information about the arrests, court judgments, official correspondence and various documents, e.g. Birth certificates.
- Alternate Title
- Selected records of the Investigation Office of the Capital City of Warsaw
- Credit Line
- Forms part of the Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This archive consists of documentation whose reproduction and/or acquisition was made possible with funding from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Collection Creator
- Urz?d ?ledczy Miasta Stolecznego Warszawy.
80,292 digital images : PDF ; 27.00 GB .
- System of Arrangement
- Arranged in two series: 1. Personal files of Jews accused of various crimes; 2. Applications for admission to the service at the National Security Corps. The list of officers of the Office of Investigation Capital City Warsaw.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- This material can only be accessed in a Museum reading room or other on-campus viewing stations. No other access restrictions apply to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Reproduction of more than 100 pages of copies of documents for researchers or other institutions requires a written permission of the General Director of the State Archives of the Republic of Poland. Publication of more than 10 complete documents in an individual work requires the written authorization of the General Director. The Museum may not publish any archival material obtained from the General Director, including specific archives under his control, on the Internet, the World Wide Web, or any other publicly accessible on-line network without the written permission of the General Director. Citation of the materials in any publication must refer to the Museum and the Polish State Archives and must include the name of the archival group and catalogue number of the originals.
- Copyright Holder
- Naczelna Dyrekcja Archiwów Państwowych
Keywords & Subjects
- Topical Term
- World War 1939-1945--Atrocities--Poland--Warsaw. Jews--Poland--Warsaw--History--20th century--Registers. Criminal investigation--Poland--Warsaw--History--20th century. Criminal justice, Administration of--Poland--Warsaw--History--20th century. Criminal law--Political aspects--Poland--History--20th century. Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Poland. Municipal government
- Holder of Originals
Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Source of acquisition is the Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie, Poland, Sygn. 1642. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives received the filmed collection via the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum International Archival Programs Division in 2015.
- Special Collection
Claims Conference International Holocaust Documentation Archive
- Record last modified:
- 2023-07-06 07:57:33
- This page: