- Contains an identity card ("Kennkarte"), a yellow card marked on front with "J," issued to Chana Bajla Filozof, born in Łódź, Poland, on January 15, 1922; photograph of bearer affixed. Includes an "Arbeitsausweis" (worker identification card), an employment certificate of "Organisation Todt," dated circa 1944, issued to Carlo Michelutti, born 23 May 1888. Also includes an official letter printed on the stationery of "Der Oberste Kommissar in der Operationszone 'Adriatisches Küstenland'" (the commissioner of the operation zone of the Adriatic Coast), Trieste, dated April 28, 1945, regarding Hugo Beyer (born 1 April 1878 in Goerz).
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection. The acquisition of portions of this collection were made possible by the Philip and Janet Levin Foundation and the Joseph H. and Freda Guzman Gerber Fund for Library Acquisitions.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- The acquisition of this collection was made possible in 2018 by the Philip and Janet Levin Foundation.
- Funding Note
- The acquisition of this artifact was made possible by The Philip and Janet Levin Foundation Family Fund.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-02-24 14:34:54
- This page: