- Consists of three photographs depicting scenes of Ebensee concentration camp following liberation. The photographs are associated with the military service of Allen Spears of the 206th Engineer Combat Battalion. Original inscriptions are included on the reverse of the three photographs.
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Matthew Spears
- Collection Creator
- Allen Spears
Allen Spears was a member of the 206th Engineer Combat Battalion. He was present at the liberation of the Ebensee concentration camp in May 1945.
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
- Copyright Holder
- Mr. Matthew Spears
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2019 by Matthew Spears, the grandson of Allen Spears.
- Funding Note
- The cataloging of this collection has been supported by a grant from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-02-24 14:36:56
- This page: