- Correspondence and photographs illustrating the experiences of Helmut Roloff (donor's father), a German musician and educator, imprisoned in Germany in 1942-1943 for his actions as part of the resistance group nicknamed the Rote Kapelle, or Red Orchestra, by the Nazi party. The letters are primarily between Helmut and his parents. Also included is post-war correspondence between Helmut and Annemarie Kuttner, a Jewish survivor who was in hiding and whose family was assisted by Helmut.
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of Stefan Roloff
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- There are no known restrictions on access to this material.
- Conditions on Use
- Material(s) in this collection may be protected by copyright and/or related rights. You do not require further permission from the Museum to use this material. The user is solely responsible for making a determination as to if and how the material may be used.
Keywords & Subjects
- Holder of Originals
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- Donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2014 by Stefan Roloff.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-02-24 13:42:27
- This page: