- Brief Narrative
- One postage stamp from a collection consisting of postage stamps of varying values issued by the Deutsches Reich.
- Credit Line
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Collection, Gift of John Shields
- Object Type
Postage stamps (lcsh)
- Physical Description
- Postage stamp made of paper, rectangular in shape with scalloped edges and approximately 1 1/16 inches (2.6 cm) tall by 7/8 inches (2.2 cm) wide in size. An inked rectangle with white image and inscription is found on one side. The ink is purple in color and the inked rectangle is smaller in size than the paper itself leaving an ink free boarder around the edge. Profile image of a man’s face facing to the left is found at the center of the image and is enclosed in a circle. “Deutsches Reich” is along the bottom of the inked purple rectangle and “40” is found in both top corners of the inked purple rectangle. On top of the purple and white image is another black ink stamp. This black ink stamp extends past the area of the postage stamp on the left and bottom edges. The visible part of the stamp includes two concentric arcs crossed with a horizontal straight line that extends from the right edge of the outer arc to the left edge of the postage stamp. Above this horizontal line and between the two arcs “S-REHBER” is stamped. There is also another partial visible writing below the horizontal line in the bottom left hand corner of the postage stamp. Adhesive is found on the other side. The image from the other side is faintly seen in reverse on adhesive side.
- overall: Height: 1.060 inches (2.692 cm) | Width: 0.880 inches (2.235 cm)
- overall : Paper, Ink, Adhesive
Rights & Restrictions
- Conditions on Access
- No restrictions on access
- Conditions on Use
- No restrictions on use
Keywords & Subjects
- Legal Status
- Permanent Collection
- The postage stamp was donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in 2000 by John Shields.
- Record last modified:
- 2023-12-04 08:49:33
- This page:
Also in John Shields collection
The collection consists of postage stamps of varying values issued by the Deutsches Reich. Some of the stamps depict Hitler's profile.